“Member” means a corporation which applies for and is granted Membership of the Federation as provided in Article 6 of the Federation’s Articles of Association and is registered in the Register of Members of the Federation as a Member.
Registration of Member
Eligibility for registration of Member
Any corporation which:
- is a Unit Trust Manager; or
- is a Fund Manager; or
- is at the date of application actively engaged in the Investment Management Industry,
may apply for Membership of the Federation.
Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations covering membership are stipulated in the FIMM’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
All membership applications are subject to the FIMM Board of Directors’ approval.
Upon acceptance as a member, a copy of the FIMM’s Memorandum and Articles of Association will be extended to the respective corporation or organisation.Go to Top
Memorandum & Articles of Association
|Memorandum Of Association||Download|
|Articles of Association||Download|
Submission for Registration as Member
Application to become a Member of FIMM can be made online via FIMM’s Membership Online Application page.
The online application form is to be completed in its entirety. Unless all information requested is provided, the application shall not be processed. In this regard, we suggest that you pay particular attention to the notes accompanying the application form.
Upon completion and before online submission, applicant must print the application form. It is mandatory to submit the form in hardcopy to FIMM, accompanied by a covering letter signed by the authorised signatory(ies), in order to verify the authenticity of the membership application.
The applicant is required to submit the following duly completed documents:
- Application Form;
- Board of Directors’ Resolution;
- Securities Commission’s Approval Letter; and
- Membership Fees
Please click here for a sample copy of the Board of Directors’ Resolution.
All cheques should be made payable to:
Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia
All applications are to be addressed to :
Go to Top
Chief Executive Officer
Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia
19-06-1, 6th Floor, PNB Damansara,
No.19, Lorong Dungun, Damansara Heights,
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
For all new members, there is a one-time payment of RM5,000 being the application fee.
Annual Membership Subscription Fee (AMSF)
AMSF is the total of :
- Asset Under Management (AUM) Factor is calculated based on AUM and subject to a minimum of RM10,000 and
- UTC factor : RM50 per UTC
In calculating the AUM Factor, a levy factor will be applied on the AUM of each member in the unit trust industry as at 31 December of the preceding year.
The AUM is classified into 2 fund groups (Group A and Group B) as follows:
|A||Include fixed-income or bond funds, money market funds, capital guaranteed/protected funds and other funds as Board of Directors so classifies.|
|B||Include funds that are not classified under Group A such as equity funds and balanced funds.|
Funds will be grouped on the basis of intended asset holding and annual management fee
AUM Factor is the total of:
(Levy Factor of Group A ×AUM) + (Levy Factor of Group B ×AUM)
The Levy Factor is set out below:
|AUM||Levy Factor (per RM 1 mil)|
|Group (A) RM||Group (B) RM|
|First RM 50 mil||20.00||80.00|
|Next RM 100 mil||13.33||53.33|
|Next RM 500 mil||8.89||35.56|
|Next RM 1,000 mil||5.92||23.70|
|Next RM 2,000 mil||3.95||15.80|
Minimum AUM Factor is RM10,000 per annum
UTC Factor is RM50.00 per UTC. Total UTC Factor is thus the sum of the number of UTC as at 31 December of the preceding year multiply by RM50.00
In addition to paying the AMSF, members are required to pay the UTC card fees. Total UTC card fee is the sum of the number of UTC as at 31 December of the preceding year multiply by RM3.00.
The AMSF and the UTC card fees are payable in January of each year.Go to Top
List of Members
- ABERDEEN ISLAMIC ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
- AFFIN HWANG ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- AMANAH MUTUAL BERHAD
- AMANAH SAHAM NASIONAL BERHAD
- AMANAH SAHAM SARAWAK BERHAD
- AMANAHRAYA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
- AMFUNDS MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- APEX INVESTMENT SERVICES BERHAD
- ARECA CAPITAL SDN BHD
- BIMB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- CIMB-PRINCIPAL ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- EASTSPRING INVESTMENTS BERHAD
- FRANKLIN TEMPLETON GSC ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
- HONG LEONG ASSET MANAGEMENT BHD
- INTER-PACIFIC ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
- KAF INVESTMENT FUNDS BERHAD
- KEDAH ISLAMIC ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- KENANGA INVESTORS BHD
- LIBRA INVEST BERHAD
- MANULIFE ASSET MANAGEMENT SERVICES BERHAD
- MAYBANK ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
- MIDF AMANAH ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- PACIFIC MUTUAL FUND BERHAD
- PENGURUSAN KUMIPA BERHAD
- PERMODALAN BSN BERHAD
- PHEIM UNIT TRUSTS BERHAD
- PHILLIP MUTUAL BERHAD
- PMB INVESTMENT BERHAD (formerly known as ASM INVESTMENT SERVICES BERHAD)
- PTB UNIT TRUST BERHAD
- PUBLIC MUTUAL BERHAD
- RHB ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD (formerly known as RHB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SDN BHD)
- RHB ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD (formerly known as OSK-UOB ISLAMIC FUND MANAGEMENT BERHAD)
- SAHAM SABAH BERHAD
- SATURNA SDN BHD
- TA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT BERHAD
- UOB Asset Management (Malaysia) Berhad