This personal data notice applies to any person who provides or has provided personal data to FIMM.
- This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of FIMM.
- The personal data processed by us may include your name, nationality, date of birth national identity card no. (NRIC no.), passport number, gender, contact number (including mobile number and fax number), address (including correspondence address and residential address), email address, designation, company name, FIMM no., qualifications, personal data in relation to your family members and all other details provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this notice.
- Subject to relevant laws, including the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (“CMSA”), written notices, circulars and guidelines issued by the Securities Commission Malaysia (“Securities Commission”) from time to time, we are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To enable FIMM to discharge its duties and obligations under the CMSA and any other securities laws, including reporting obligations to Securities Commission;
- To discharge its contractual obligations;
- To provide our members, distributors, and consultants with information in respect of unit trust schemes and private retirement schemes information and/or the latest updates on our events, activities, programmes and examinations;
- To enable the resolution of a complaint or dispute;
- To provide investors with information and/or the latest updates on our events, activities and programmes;
- To consider applications for employment;
- To research, develop and improve FIMM’s events, activities, programmes, examinations, products and services;
- To perform all functions related to our appointment of you as our service provider;
- To perform all functions related to our appointment of you as our speaker and/or consultant; and
- For any other purpose that is incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the above Purposes.
Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia
Suite 19-06-1, 6th Floor, Wisma Tune, No. 19 Lorong Dungun,
Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 603-2093 2600
Fax Number: 603-2093 2700
Designation of contact person: Manager, Business Registration Department
In accordance with the PDPA:
- We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
- our members and its directors and advisors, registered persons approved or registered under FIMM’s rules and any other person that is required to comply with FIMM’s rules;
- co-organisers of events, activities and programmes, service providers, suppliers and vendors;
- Securities Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, the Police, Employees Provident Fund and other supervisory, government or relevant regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- the public at large by publishing relevant information in accordance with FIMM’s rules;
- auditors, professional firms or entities; and
- any such third party requested or authorised by you for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may disclose your personal data to any of our officers, employees, agents or affiliates on a need-to-know basis in order to discharge our duties and obligations effectively, or for any of the Purposes as stated above.
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.